- Title Pages
- Part I Shaping the Future: Institutions and the Law
- 1 Playing Progressively?
- 2 Model Schools and Field Days
- 3 Of Families or Individuals?
- 4 “I Was So Glad to Be in School Here”
- 5 The Trajectory of Benevolence
- Part II Managing Change: Children, Youth, and Families
- 6 Willful Disobedience
- 7 The Contested Meanings of Child Marriage in the Turn-of-the-Century United States
- 8 Sex, Abortion, and Prostitution in the Lives of Gilded Age Chicago Girls
- 9 Ohio Departures
- 10 Fit Body, Fit Mind
- 11 Duty and Destiny
- Questions for Consideration
- About the Contributors
Thinking with Their Heads
- Children and Youth During the Gilded Age and Progressive Era
- NYU Press
NYU Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.