- Title Pages
- Introduction: Japan’s Possible Futures
- Chapter One Demography as Destiny: Falling Birthrates and the Allure of a Blended Society
- Chapter Two Precarity and Hope: Social Connectedness in Postcapitalist Japan
- Chapter Three Risk and Consequences: The Changing Japanese Employment Paradigm
- Chapter Four The Future of Gender in Japan: Work/Life Balance and Relations between the Sexes
- Chapter Five After Fukushima: Veto Players and Japanese Nuclear Policy
- Chapter Six Japan’s Megadisaster Challenges: Crisis Management in the Modern Era
- Chapter Seven Fiscal Survival and Financial Revival: Possible Futures for the Japanese Economy
- Chapter Eight Manufacturing in Japan: Factories and National Policy
- Chapter Nine Integrated Solutions to Complex Problems: Transforming Japanese Science and Technology
- Chapter Ten Military Cooperation and Territorial Disputes: The Changing Face of Japan’s Security Policy
- Chapter Eleven Economic and Strategic Leadership in Asia: The Rivalry between China and Japan
- Chapter Twelve Possible Futures of Political Leadership: Waiting for a Transformational Prime Minister
- Chapter Thirteen State Power versus Individual Freedom: Japan’s Constitutional Past, Present, and Possible Future
- About the Contributors
NYU Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.