- Title Pages
- 1 “Keep Me with You, So That I Might Not Be Damned”
- 2 “Beyond the Time of White Children”
- 3 “If You Have the Right to Vote at 21 Years, Then I Have”
- 4 A Birthday Like None Other
- 5 Statutory Marriage Ages and the Gendered Construction of Adulthood in the Nineteenth Century
- 6 From Family Bibles to Birth Certificates
- 7 “Rendered More Useful”
- 8 “A Day too Late”
- 9 Age and Retirement
- 10 “The Proper Age for Suffrage”
- 11 “Old Enough to Live”
- 12 Age and Identity
- 13 A Chicana Third Space Feminist Reading of Chican@ Life Cycle Markers
- 14 Delineating Old Age
- About the Contributors
- Age in America
- NYU Press
NYU Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.