- Title Pages
- Part 1 Neoliberal Geographies of Progressive Punishment
- 1 Capital Departures and the Arrival of Punishment
- 2 Consolidations and Expansions
- Part 2 “Poor Conduct” and the Carceral Cure
- 3 “Red Neck” and “Unsocialized,” with “Subcultural Norms and Values”
- 4 “A Lockdown Facility … with the Feel of a Small, Private College”
- Part 3 Carceral Epistemology: Knowing the Jail and Governing the Town
- 5 Seeing like a Jail, 1
- 6 Seeing like a Jail, 2
- 7 Governing through Expansion
- Part 4 Contesting the Carceral
- 8 Organizing against Expansion
- Selected Bibliography
- About the Author
NYU Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.