- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- I Origins
- 2 The Azusa Street Mission and Historic Black Churches
- 3 Navigating the Territory
- II Gender and Culture
- 4 Laying the Foundations for Azusa
- 5 Church Mothers and Pentecostals in the Modern Age
- 6 Rites of Lynching and Rights of Dance
- 7 Crossing Over Jordan
- III Prophetic Ethics
- 8 Pentecostal Ethics and the Prosperity Gospel
- 9 Ethics in a Prophetic Mode
- IV Pneumatology
- 10 Pneumatology
- 11 On the Compatibility/Incompatibility of Pentecostal Premillennialism with Black Liberation Theology
- V Afro-Pentecostalism in Global Context
- 12 Black Joseph
- 13 Meeting Beyond These Shores
- Selected Bibliography
- NYU Press
NYU Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.