- Title Pages
- Part I Loss
- 1 Loss and Lettuce
- 2 Southwest Ranchos
- 3 Fields of Dreams
- 4 Loss in the Tortilla Flats
- 5 Lenders and Loss
- Part II Exclusion
- 6 Exclusion of Undocumented Immigrants
- 7 Exclusion by Public Law
- 8 Exclusion by Private Law
- Part III Geographic Examples of Loss and Exclusion
- 9 Born in East L.A.
- 10 Little Havana
- 11 Spanish Harlem
- Part IV Reclamation and Reform
- 12 Tierra y Libertad
- 13 Policy Considerations in Formulating Housing Reform
- 14 Lowering the Cost of Housing and Credit
- 15 Equity for Latino/as and the Poor
- About the Author
- (p.155) 14 Lowering the Cost of Housing and Credit
- Tierra Y Libertad
Steven W. Bender
- NYU Press
This chapter suggests numerous large- and small-scale strategies for driving down the cost of home purchases and rentals for Latino/a U.S. residents, as well as the cost of credit for housing purchases. Admittedly short-term in design, these stop-gap proposals encompass tax credits, anti-discrimination measures and enforcement, and consumer education.
NYU Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.