General Editors: Sarah Banet-Weiser and Kent A. Ono
Dangerous Curves: Latinas in the Media Isabel Molina-Guzmán
The Net Effect: Technology, Romanticism, Capitalism Thomas Streeter
Our Biometric Future: The Pursuit of Automated Facial Perception Kelly A. Gates
Critical Rhetorics of Race Edited by Michael G. Lacy and Kent A. Ono
Circuits of Visibility: Gender and Transnational Media Cultures Edited by Radha S. Hegde
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY PRESS
New York and London
- (p.iv) NEW YORK UNIVERSITY PRESS
- New York and London
- © 2011 by New York University
- All rights reserved
- References to Internet websites (URLs) were accurate at the time of writing.
- Neither the author nor New York University Press is responsible for URLs that
- may have expired or changed since the manuscript was prepared.
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Circuits of visibility : gender and transnational media cultures
- edited by Radha S. Hegde.
- p. cm. — (Critical cultural communication)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN 978-0-8147-3730-9 (cl : alk. paper)
- ISBN 978-0-8147-3731-6 (pb : alk. paper)
- ISBN 978-0-8147-9060-1 (e-book : alk. paper)
- 1. Sex role in mass media. 2. Sex role and globalization.
- 3. Women in mass media. 4. Feminism and mass media.
- 5. Mass media and globalization. 6. Mass media and culture.
- I. Hegde, Radha Sarma, 1953–
- P96.S5C57 2011
- 302.23—dc22 2011004010
- New York University Press books are printed on acid-free paper, and their binding
- materials are chosen for strength and durability. We strive to use environmentally
- responsible suppliers and materials to the greatest extent possible in publishing our
- Manufactured in the United States of America
- c 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
- p 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1