- Title Pages
- Introduction: Superhumans in America
- 1 The Family of Superman: The Superhero Team and the Promise of Universal Citizenship
- 2 “Flame On!”: Nuclear Families, Unstable Molecules, and the Queer History of <i>The Fantastic Four</i>
- 3 Comic Book Cosmopolitics: <i>The Fantastic Four</i>’s Counterpublic as a World-Making Project
- 4 “Where No X-Man Has Gone Before!”: Mutant Superheroes and the Cultural Politics of the Comic Book Space Opera
- 5 Heroes “That Give a Damn!”: Urban Folktales and the Triumph of the Working-Class Hero
- 6 Consumed by Hellfire: Demonic Possession and the Limits of the Superhuman in the 1980s
- 7 Lost in the Badlands: Radical Imagination and the Enchantments of Mutant Solidarity in <i>The New Mutants</i>
- Epilogue: Marvelous Corpse
- About the Author
- New Mutants
- NYU Press
NYU Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.