- Title Pages
- 1 Agency, Voice, and Maturity in Children’s Religious and Spiritual Development
- 2 Religion and Youth in American Culture
- 3 Children’s Rights in Research about Religion and Spirituality
- 4 Navigating the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for Child-Directed Qualitative Research
- 5 “Maybe the Picture Will Tell You”
- 6 Boundary and Identity Work among Hare Krishna Children
- 7 Playing with Fire (and Water, Earth, and Air)
- 8 “La Virgen, She Watches over Us”
- 9 Going through the Motions of Ritual
- 10 Catholic Children’s Experiences of Scripture and the Sacrament of Reconciliation through Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
- 11 Religion and Youth Identity in Postwar Bosnia Herzegovina
- 12 The Battle for the Toy Box
- 13 “God made this fire for our comfort”
- 14 Childhood in the Land of Hope
- 15 The Baptism of a Cheyenne Girl
- 16 Examining Agency, Discourses of Destiny, and Creative Power in the Biography of a Tibetan Child Tertön
- 17 Memory Work and Trauma in Research on Children
- About the Contributors
- The Study of Children in Religions
- NYU Press
NYU Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.