- Title Pages
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 American Protestants and Jewish Persecution, 1933–1937
- 2 American Protestants Respond to Zionism and the Jewish Genocide in Europe, 1938–1948
- Case Study 1 The Myth of Christian Intervention, Christian Guilt, and the Martin Niemöller Controversy
- 3 The Challenges of Statehood, 1948–1953
- 4 Political and Theological Dissent, 1953–1967
- Case Study 2 “Of course, down in Virginia, you do have to worry about Southern Baptists”: Samuel Newman, American Protestants, and the Post–World War II Jewish-Christian Dialogue
- 5 The Tide Turns, 1967–1973
- Case Study 3 The Individual and the U.S.–Israeli Alliance: Ursula Niebuhr, the Jerusalem Committee, and Christians Concerned for Israel
- 6 A New U.S.–Israeli Alliance, 1973–1979
- 7 The Political and Religious Landscape Shifts, 1980–2008
- Selected Bibliography
- About the Author
- The Fervent Embrace
- NYU Press
NYU Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.