- Title Pages
- Part I How Has the Immigrant Past Shaped the Immigrant Present in New York City and Amsterdam?
- 1 Immigration History and the Remaking of New York
- 2 To Amsterdam
- Part II What Difference Does the Urban Economy Make to Immigrant Incorporation?
- 3 Immigrants in New York City’s Economy
- 4 From Amsterdamned to I Amsterdam
- Part III Is Islam in Amsterdam Like Race in New York City?
- 5 Nativism, Racism, and Immigration in New York City
- 6 Governing through Religion in Amsterdam
- Part IV How Are Immigrants Entering the Precincts of Power in New York City and Amsterdam?
- 7 The Rise of Immigrant Influence in New York City Politics
- 8 Immigrant Political Engagement and Incorporation in Amsterdam
- Part V How Are the Children of Immigrants Shaped by and Also Changing New York City’s and Amsterdam’s Cultural Life?
- 9 Immigrants, the Arts, and the “Second-Generation Advantage” in New York
- 10 Immigrant Youths’ Contribution to Urban Culture in Amsterdam
- About the Contributors
NYU Press Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.