NYU Press has now launched NYU Press Scholarship Online (NYSO), bringing hundreds of outstanding scholarly works onto the University Press Scholarship Online (UPSO) platform.
Founded in 1916, the Press has a long history of prestigious academic publishing and is celebrating its centennial anniversary this year. Its world-renowned list seeks "nothing less than the transformation of the intellectual and cultural landscape", a aspiration reflected in its diverse and fascinating academic to publishing. Read what Ellen Chodosh, the Director of NYU Press, had to say about its partnership with UPSO.
At launch, NYU Press Scholarship Online makes available almost 400 works of scholarship available on the UPSO platform, including many recent award winners. NYSO now contributes to 9 subjects across the humanities, social sciences, and law.
To celebrate the launch of NYU Press Scholarship Online, we’ve made a selection of chapters from some of the press's key titles freely available for a limited time on a diverse range of subjects - from Jewish radicals to a biological explanation of psychopathy, and cloning animals to alternative models of girlhood:
- 'The Jewish-Socialist Nexus' in Jewish Radicals: A Documentary History by Tony Michels
- 'Introduction' in Psychopathy: An Introduction to Biological Findings and Their Implications by Andrea L. Glenn and Adrian Raine
- 'Why Marry?: The Value of Marriage' in When Gay People Get Married: What Happens When Societies Legalize Same-Sex Marriage by M. V. Lee Badgett
- 'Finding Alternative Girlhoods' in Spectacular Girls: Media Fascination and Celebrity Culture by Sarah Projansky
- 'Making Animals' in Cloning Wild Life: Zoos, Captivity, and the Future of Endangered Animals by Carrie Friese
- 'Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric' in Those Damned Immigrants: America's Hysteria over Undocumented Immigration by Ediberto Román and Michael A. Olivas